That’s a hard question. I like vibrant colors, like corn fields, good music and spicy food, but I also like muted colors like 5:00 am and half empty bottles of champagne (in this case, half empty _is_ the optimistic view). The one color that I don’t like is any shade of boring, with apathy being just behind it. If I must pick a favorite, my favorite color is a sincere smile, it looks great when you wear it, and matches with anything.
When I grow up, I want to be a story teller. The kind of man that gathers a crowd at family gatherings or performs for crowds in parks. Whether that means classic stories, my own life events or maybe spontaneous fictions made up on the spot. Most of my goals this year relate to that dream, and here they are.
– Do something awesome: examples include building an interesting whatsit or finding the meaning of life.
– Do something stupid (in the pursuit of awesome): When I learned to ski in boyscouts, the scout master told me to fall down on the first run of the day, so that it’s no longer a fear.
– Perform something in public: I haven’t quite figured out how to make this happen, but this is the most frightening goal I have.
– Keep the plants on my deck alive: That means replacing the dead ones currently out there 🙂
– Plan and take a vacation: I’ve never been off this content. I’ve been cool places with my family but I really need to do something I can tell my kids about someday.
Happy new year to all!